LAST WEEK’S LINKS:
Happy New Year, Baseball Degenerates! Let’s talk about what we missed in the past two weeks!
- Edwin Encarnacion signed with the Cleveland Indians, taking a 3-year/$65 million dollar deal to join the tribe. This means that Mike Napoli is moving on and taking the party with him. Where he ends up is yet to be decided. Encarnacion apparently turned down “Cespedes-like Money” from Oakland, due to the fact that he didn’t want to move his family out west. Also, there’s no way in hell Edwin wanted to play in Oakland.
- Jose Bautista and his agents have reached out to the Toronto Blue Jays and multiple other teams, but no one seems to be coming close to anything over a year and over the Qualifying Offer of $17.2 million. Joey Bats maybe be taking that home town discount he so vehemently railed against last offseason.
- 95% of Baseball Fans don’t know what a balk is.
- NINE of the TWELVE players featured in the San Diego Padres 2017 Calendar do not play for the team anymore. THIS IS MY FAVORITE THING I LEARNED ALL WEEK.
- The Minnesota Twins have been shopping 2B Brian Dozier around to multiple teams, but talks have progressed furthest with the Los Angeles Dodgers. The Dodgers and the Twins seemingly had a deal until St. Louis became heavily involved as well.
- Boston Red Sox starter Clay Buchholz was shipped off to Philadelphia in a trade for Minor Leaguer Josh Tobias. This move was a salary dump, nothing less, nothing more.
- Ticket prices for the upcoming Chicago Cubs 2017 Season have gone up 20% from where they were last year. If you’re reading that and saying “how dare they do that to the fans?!” Just know that the front office is gonna need that money to pay for Anthony Rizzo, Kirs Bryant, Wilson Contreras, Kyle Schwarber and Jake Arrieta in the coming years. It’s not an unreasonable ticket hike, considering what expenses lie ahead.
- Ender Inciarte and the Atlanta Braves agreed to a 5-year extension worth just over $30 million. This could turn out to be the steal of the offseason.
- Wilson Ramos signed a 2-year deal with the Tampa Bay Rays. Ramos will get $6 million dollars a year during that time. This could also turn out to be the steal of the offseason.
- Mike Trout gave the entire Philadelphia Eagles football team Nike’s for Christmas. The Philadelphia Eagles gave everyone more disappointment.
- Reports are coming out saying that Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens are showing up on more and more Hall of Fame ballots which may be due to the fact that Bud Selig is getting in this year as well. For more on what’s going on with that, check this out.
- Daniel Murphy and Paul Goldschmidt have confirmed that they will play for Team USA in the World Baseball Classic.
- Noah Syndergaard called Bryce Harper a “Douche” on instagram, giving us all the Christmas gift we never knew we wanted!
Big things are happening over here at Three Up, Three Down for 2017! Stay Tuned and be ready. We’re swinging for the fences this year, y’all!
- / 57 mins ago
The most dominant tight end of this generation is calling it quits after 9...
- / 2 days ago
The Tampa Bay Lightning have officially owned the 2018-2019 NHL regular season.
- / 5 days ago
Brackets on Brackets on Brackets. The NCAA Tournament is here which can only mean...