Estimated Reading Time: 2 Minutes
Ladies and Gentlemen! Boys and Girls! Welcome to the 2017 Baseball Season!
- At the end of Week 1 of the the 2017 MLB Season, the two teams atop the standings both have 100-1 odds of winning the World Series. The Minnesota twins wit atop the AL with a 5-1 record, and the Arizona Diamondbacks lead the NL at 6-1.
- Madison Bumgarner started the season in a big way, by hitting two big flies against Arizona. At the end of the day, a pitcher lead the league in home runs. At the time of publication, Bumgarner is still tied for 5th in the NL.
- Speaking of the Giants, they had the worst opening week in the league. They don’t have the worst record, but it has to feel pretty awful to have the Padres ahead of you in the standings.
- The NL East is currently a 4-way tie for first place with the Marlins, Mets, Nationals and Phillies all tied at 3-3.
- Bartolo Colon does not have a hit in the 2017 season… yet.
- NBS Sports reported that Jeb Bush is currently in talks to buy the Miami Marlins. I would pay a lot of money just to get Jeff Loria out of the league.
- The Jeremy Guthrie was called up to the Nationals to start a game on his 38th birthday!
- On his 38th birthday, Jeremy Guthrie became the first Expos/Nationals pitcher to give up 10+ runs and not make it out of the first inning.
- Jeremy Guthrie’s 38th birthday sucked.
- The Milwaukee Brewers walked off the Chicago Cubs on a wild pitch. IT WAS WILD.
- STATUS OF ERIC THAMES SIGNING: GREAT MOVE.
- Clayton Kershaw gave up back-to-back home runs for the first time in his career this week.
- No National League Team went 3-0.
- Today’s Dodgers game will be the third Opening Day celebration the Dodgers have been a part of.
- The Mets are giving a crown to the player of the game. It has yet to be determined if this is an upgrade or a downgrade from last year’s WWE belt.
- For the 3rd time in 4 years, 30 home runs were hit on April 8th.
- Robert Manfred came out and said the following this week: “I’ve got nothing against relief pitchers, but they do two things to the game: They slow the game down and our relievers have become so dominant at the back end that they actually rob action out of the end of the game. We have to accept the game is changing, maybe faster than some of us would like. Our job is how best to manage the change. My first priority is the dead time issue, especially late in the game, which we have started to address with changes such as limiting the instant replay time, waiving of the four-pitch intentional walk and limiting mound visits. After that, there may have to be a next round of changes which could affect the competition, some of which may not be realistic.”
- Robert Manfred forgot that he’s the commissioner of Major League Baseball, not some other sport that has rules that are up for debate.
/ 13 hours ago
Start spreading the news, the 2018 Boston Red Sox advance to the World Series!
/ 1 day ago
Week 7 was filled with Upsets! Justin's record sits at 25-10 so far. How...