Estimated Reading Time: 2 Minutes
- The New Orleans Zephyrs have changed their name and will be opening the 2017 season as the NEW ORLEANS BABY CAKES.
- Brian Dozier is drawing a lot of interest, mainly from Los Angeles, as a possible trade target. The Minnesota Twins also have parted ways with their 3B Trevor Plouffe, releasing him last week. Plouffe was notably upset, seeing the move as a way to clear the log jam for Miguel Sano.
- The Baltimore Orioles are reportedly looking at Former Colorado Catcher Nick Hundley to replace Matt Wieters behind the dish. This would be a great pick up for the O’s, but it’s always risky to pick up a guy who has played half his games in Colorado.
- Mets General Manager Sandy Alderson said this week that Yoenis Cespedes has reached out to the Mets, saying he would love to remain in New York. This is either a sign of good things to come, or it’s the tip of the knife going in for Mets fans.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers are looking at everyone this offseason it would seem. They’ve been attached to Brian Dozier, Justin Verlander, and now they are linked to Ian Kinsler and Logan Forsythe. They have also expressed interest in re-signing Chase Utley. The Dodgers have been seen begging Commissioner Rob Manfred to add 3 more Second Bases to the Diamond.
- It’s been reported that the Mariners reached out to the Pirates about All Star Centerfielder Andrew McCutchen. The talks have now fallen apart, due to the Pirates “huge asking price.”
- Jim Bowden of MLB Network Radio reported that the Yankees will get one or both of the top Free Agent targets Yoenis Cespedes and Edwin Encarnacion. This proves two things; the Yankees are after some big free agents and that Jim Bowden is a moron.
- The Cardinals signed LHP Brett Cecil to a 4 year/$30 Million dollar deal. Whether or not this is a classic case of “The Cardinals paid too much” is yet to be determined.
- The Padres, Rays and Athletics all have interest in Former MLB Dud and Current Korean League Stud Eric Thames. Thames hit .250/296/.431 with 21 total homers in his two seasons in the Majors. In Korea? He’s hit 37 homers in every season, and has a career stat line of .348/.450/.720.
- The Chicago White Sox are reportedly looking at selling 3B Todd Frazier and Left Handed Ace Chris Sale. This looks to be a reactionary move to their hot start and freezing cold finish in 2016.
- / 1 year ago
To me, Rachel Nichols is the personification of posting a black square on Instagram.