Estimated Reading Time: 2 Minutes
- Earlier in the week, the Chicago Cubs ended their 108 year World Series Championship drought bey beating the Cleveland Indians in seven games. The final game of the 2016 World Series went into extra innings and the Cubs capped off the win after a 17 minute rain delay.
- The Chicago Cubs Victory Parade and Rally was the 7th largest gathering in recorded human history.
- Yoenis Cespedes has opted out of his 3 year/$75 million dollar contract with the New York Mets and will enter Free Agency. Any Mets fan with a brain saw this move coming, so it was relatively shocking news.
- The Toronto Blue Jays extended Qualifying Offers to Jose Bautista and Edwin Encarnacion. Some found it surprising that the Blue Jays didn’t offer a QO to Michael Saunders. Those people are fools.
- The Texas Rangers have given a Qualifying Offer to Ian Desmond. Could really go either way since he had quite the year in Arlington.
- WORLD CHAMPION Chicago Cubs Centerfielder WORLD CHAMPION Dexter Fowler will waive his $4.5 million dollar mutual option and test free agency. The Cubs are still able to offer Fowler a QO, but it’s too soon to tell what Free Agency will bring for the recent WORLD CHAMPION.
- The Seattle Mariners have traded Vidal Nuno to the Los Angeles Dodgers for Carlos Ruiz. Chooch will hopefully end the carousel behind the plate for the M’s.
- On October 31st, Mets Closer Jeurys Familia was arrested on Domestic Violence charges after police responded to his New Jersey home. The incident comes just a week after Familia took part in an anti-Domestic Violence event, and just before an ad campaign with Familia and the words “I am not a fan of Domestic Violence” emblazoned on it. The Mets now have two players with Domestic Violence histories. They are looking into the situation and the MLB will no doubt be suspending Familia in 2017.
- The Binghamton Mets have changed their names to the Binghamton Rumble Ponies. Their early 2017 power rankings for best AA team logo and name have SKYROCKETED.
- The Colorado Rockies have hired Bud Black, which is an incredibly smart move.
- The Detroit Tigers traded Cameron Maybin for AA Prospect Victor Alcantara. The Tigers will probably see one more big trade in this offseason, but as of now, we have no idea who it would be.
- / 10 months ago
To me, Rachel Nichols is the personification of posting a black square on Instagram.