The time between Game 3 and Game 4 of the NBA Eastern Conference Finals has felt like an eternity. Where the NFL essentially owns Monday nights, the league gave the Celtics and Heat three days off after Saturday night’s contest.
The wait for Miami and Boston fans will be over tonight, but if you need something to do as you count down the final hours to tip-off, the Turf has you covered!
Here are 20 Fun Facts about the coaches and players gearing up for a critical Game 4 tonight.
- His wife Tracy is his agent
Jayson Tatum/Jaylen Brown/Grant Williams
- Are cousins with current/former professional athletes (Tatum = Tyronn Lue / Brown = A.J. Bouye / Williams = Damon & Salim Stoudamire)
- Is the Godson of Larry Hughes
- His Twitter handle “FCHWPO” stands for Faith, Consistency, Hard Work Pays Off
- Performed three times for the TV Show “Showtime at the Apollo”
- Learned English in college by watching “SpongeBob SquarePants” and “The Jersey Shore”
Gordon Hayward & Brad Wanamaker
- Have twin siblings (Hayward = sister Heather, Wanamaker = brother Brian)
- His mother is an engineer at NASA and his father is a jazz artist who was a bodyguard for Prince
- Has a basketball court named after him in New Albany, Indiana
- Is 7-foot 5-inches tall
- His wife Nikki is a former Heat cheerleader
- Has vacationed in Paris with Mark Wahlberg
- Got his nickname when he flipped over a coffee table pretending to be Bam-Bam from “The Flintstones”
- There were four kids in his 6th grade class
- Has been traded by the Phoenix Suns twice
- Has been traded five times in the last six seasons
- Has a sports bar (the food product, not the place that serves beer) company with his wife called Level Foods
- Wrote a book called “The Sixth Man: A Memoir”
- His father once cut Steve Nash from the Canadian Junior National Team
- Has been on the Heat since the team originated in 1988
Feel free to use these Wikipedia-sourced facts to make and/or annoy friends for the rest of the series!
- / 19 hours ago
The Wilpons are FINALLY on their way out the door. Pop the champagne and...
- / 22 hours ago
The Detroit Tigers have announced the hiring of AJ Hinch as their next manager,...