This is the Turf’s take on college football power rankings, and it is going to be a bit different for at least a couple of weeks. We are going to differ from rankings like the AP and Coaches Poll, that are allowing votes for Big Ten and Pac-12 schools that will not play a game for a while. We will only rank teams that play because if COVID-19 ends football this year, we would like to honor the players and staff that did give the most effort in these questionable times.
I am happy to kick off this week by saying “bye bye” to Auburn, I knew they were overrated from the start! Also, I’d like to say hello to the Liberty University Flames who are actually becoming a favorite team of mine this season. We have some Clemson highlights for you to appreciate down below. Enjoy the rankings! They are a bit different from last week.
- Clemson University Tigers 5-0 (Pre. #1)– It was a close game with Georgia Tech actually tying the game at one point but the final turned out to be 73-7, Clemson wins.
- University of Alabama Crimson Tide 4-0 (Pre. #2)- They convincingly beat the consensus number 3 team in the country.
- University Of Georgia Bulldogs 3-1 (Pre.#3)- In my eyes, they’re still the number 3 team. Looked better in a loss than Notre Dame did in a win.
- Notre Dame 4-0 (Pre.#4)- Georgia looked better than you in my eyes. Sorry. Kinda.
- Oklahoma State University Cowboys 3-0 (Pre. #6)- Still the kings of the Big 12
- Texas A&M University Aggies 3-1 (Pre. #9)- Jimbo Fisher University.
- University of Cincinnati Bearcats 3-0 (Pre. #7)- You didn’t win, you didn’t lose. Good for you.
- BYU Cougars 5-0 (Pre. #8)– Enjoy your top ten rank this week. Big boys are coming back next week.
- University of Florida Gators 2-1 (Pre. #10)– Have been on hold for a couple of weeks. Let’s hope they can clear all the Covid cases and play Georgia on November 7th.
- University of Miami Hurricanes 4-1 (Pre. #11)- After the Canes’ big loss to Clemson, they picked up the pieces against a talented Pitt team.
- SMU Mustangs 5-0 (Pre. #13)- Their schedule isn’t, like, the greatest but they are impressive victories.
- University of North Carolina Tarheels 3-1 (Pre.#5)- Fell flat on their face against FSU. Opportunity for a bounce-back game against in-state rival NC State.
- Iowa State Cyclones 3-1 (Pre. #14)- Big matchup in the Big 12. Iowa State at Oklahoma State midseason brawl.
- Kansas State Wildcats 3-1 (Pre. #15)- This could be a setup game against Kansas or it could be a tune-up for the tougher part of the schedule.
- Virginia Tech Hokies 3-1 (Pre. #16)- Beat the dog snot out of Boston College. Look out, Wake Forest.
- NC State Wolfpack 4-1 (Pre #17)- Big matchup with UNC that could make or break their season.
- Army Black Knights 5-1 (Pre. #19)- Army just got the news that the annual Army-Navy game will be played at West Point this year. Let’s see how inspired Army plays this week.
- Coastal Carolina University Chanticleers 4-0 (Pre. #20)– Playing like some dogs!
- University of Marshall Thundering Herd 4-0 (Pre. #21)– WE ARE MARSHALL.
- University of Memphis Tigers 2-1 (Pre. NR)– Welcome to the rankings. Thank you for making UCF an all-time high triggered.
- Louisiana Rajun Cajuns 3-1 (Pre. #16)– Still here I see.
- West Virginia University Mountaineers 3-1 (Pre. #22)– Nobody ever wants to invite you guys to dinner.
- University of Tulsa Golden Hurricanes 1-1 (Pre. #23)– Haven’t played in a while so this could be the last time we see Tulsa here, as we welcome the other conferences back to football next week.
- Liberty University Flames 5-0 (Pre. NR)– Dangerous teams with a dangerous coach. Some intriguing upcoming matchups with Virginia Tech, NC State, and Coastal Carolina.
- University of Arkansas Razorbacks 2-2 (Pre. NR)– Most likely not going to stay in the rankings for long but I like this team. Florida Transfer QB Felipe Franks is a good fit for them. They had a bad 2nd half against Georgia and arguably the worst call of the sporting year against Auburn. Otherwise, they are undefeated.
Iowa State Cyclones 3-1 at Oklahoma State Cowboys 3-0, Big 12 is interesting even without Texas and Oklahoma dominating.
Cincinnati Bearcats 3-0 at SMU Mustangs 5-0, Both teams are trying to stay undefeated and bolster their resume. It will be a valuable win for either team.
That concludes this week’s Turf Power Rankings. Check into The Turf next week for another NCAA college football Top 25. Enjoy what Saturday football we have because Covid is quickly halting the game.