We have some games this week and by games I mean multiple top 10 matchups. Sorry for my absence last week but let’s just say I was building anticipation for this nasty slate of games we have ahead of us. Folks, this may just be the week that really decides who are the contenders and the pretenders for the college football playoffs.
Just ahead of the week where we see teams’ hopes and dreams come to a crashing halt and other teams accel into potential destiny, here is the Top 25. Now, remember this poll is different from your typical AP or Coaches poll. Those polls have just recently added BYU and Cincinnati to their top 10 and those teams have been consistently ranked in the Turf’s top 10. Needless to say, we know a thing or two.
- Clemson University Tigers 7-0 (PR #1)- I can’t move them because even without Trevor Lawrence they still have the number one overall pick 3 drafts from now. DJ Uiagalelei is the real deal Clemson could stay in this spot for years. Maybe.
- University of Alabama Crimson Tide 6-0 (PR #2)- I wanted to put them at #1 but nah.
- Ohio State University 2-0 (PR NR)- Welcome to the Polls.
- University of Georgia Bulldogs 4-1 (PR #3)- Love this defense but can their QB keep up with the opposing QB this week.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish 6-0 (PR #4)- How do you say… blah
- Texas A&M Aggies 4-1 (PR #6)- They have an outside shot into the playoffs if they win out… and a bunch of other stuff I can’t break down in 3 lines.
- University of Cincinnati Bearcats 5-0 (PR #7)- Solid defense and great ground attack but they may have to rely on their arm if they want to keep up with Zach Wilson and BYU.
- University of Florida Gators 3-1 (PR #9)- The Gators showed some fight and passion last week. Literally. Can their defense play lights out like they did against Mizzou?
- BYU Cougars 7-0 (PR #8)- Zach Wilson has his team playing at a high level. He also has the best deep ball in NCAA. I see you Cougs.
- University of Miami Hurricanes 5-1 (PR #10)- Won in a tight one against NC State. Let’s see if they can dominate VA Tech.
- Coastal Carolina University Chanticleers 6-0 (PR #18)- Big jump this week in the Turf’s polls but they aren’t new around here. *Cough* AP *cough* Coaches Poll
- Oklahoma State university Cowboys 4-1 (PR #5)- It was a far fall from grace for the Cowboys who were previously #5. Chin up boys.
- University of Marshall Thundering Heard 5-0 (PR #19)- WE. ARE. MARSHALL.
- Liberty University Flames 6-0 (PR #24)– Fuego, Feu, Feuer, Fogo, Foc. aka Fire. This teams is red hot and super talented.. Funny their coach’s name is Freeze….
- Army Black Knights 6-1 (PR #17)- 3 more scheduled games left to finish off a great season.
- University of Oklahoma Sooners 4-2 (PR NR)- After a 1-2 start to the season Spencer Rattler and the Sooners have rattled off 3 wins…….. yeah I said that.
- Indiana 2-0 (PR NR)- The Big Ten thanks you for your service and beating Penn State, but after Michigan this week you may be outta here.
- University of Texas 4-2 (PR NR)- What even is the Big 12 anymore?
- SMU Mustangs 6-1 (PR #12)- If only their schedule was better.
- Purdue University Boilermakers 2-0 (PR NR)- This ranking is based on their receivers alone.
- West Virginia University Mountaineers 4-2 (PR #22)- Seems about right
- Kansas State University 4-2 (PR #14)- After a tough loss to West Virginia, K-state hopes to bounce back bigly against Oklahoma State.
- University of North Carolina Tarheels 4-2 (PR #12)- Two very bad losses recently. After a promising start UNC may have to look in the mirror to see what is going on with them.
- Auburn University 4-2 (PR NR)- The most undeserving 4 win team and that’s through 6 games.
- University of Tulsa Golden Hurricane 3-1 (PR NR)- Y’all beat the cockyness outta UCF. Florida man is forever grateful.
University of Florida Gators 3-1 at University of Georgia Bulldogs 4-1, Midseason SEC East Championship game. A top 10 matchup and the winner of this will likely be in the SEC Championship. Typically the neutral site game in Jacksonville is known as the worlds largest outdoor cocktail party is now just a game. Thanks Covid.
Clemson University Tigers 7-0 at Notre Dame Fighting Irish 6-0, Top ten ACC matchup that you may never see again. Trevor Lawrence is out for the second straight week. Can the Irish take advantage?
- / 7 hours ago
Recently, one of our readers decided to put their comments on an old article....
- / 2 days ago
JJ Watt announced he's signing with the Arizona Cardinals alongside a photo of him...