After a Super Wildcard Round that saw blowout after blowout, let’s catch everyone up on how our team fared. There were some interesting picks, some hometown heartache, and secondhand fandom. All in all, it makes for some interesting conversation.
So let’s start with our standings.
- Andrew Mark Wilhelm is the only one with a perfect bracket.
- Craig Kaufman, Katie Pierce, Elmer Smith, Joe Danbusky, and Kevin Michael Morin picked five out of six correctly.
- Tyler Williams went 3/6.
- Ryan Kelly cruised in with a cool two correct picks.
Now let’s dive into some fun (and not so fun for some) facts.
- All the Patriots fans (and Tyler) are regretting putting their faith in New England. The Patriots were stomped by the Bills.
- Andrew and Joe have the Buffalo Bills in the Super Bowl. After becoming the first team in NFL playoff history to score a touchdown on every drive, they showed they could do just that. If they can get through Kansas City, they should have no issue taking down either team on the other side of the bracket in the AFC Championship.
- Joe is the only one to pick the Steelers to beat Kansas City.
- Ryan got every NFC pick wrong.
There are some interesting things that could happen in the next round.
Let’s check in on the picks for the divisional round involving the two teams who did not play this past weekend.
- Six out of eight brackets have the Packers moving on to host the NFC Championship game.
- Of the four who correctly picked the matchup (SF vs GB), only one chose SF to upset.
- Five brackets have the Titans advancing to the AFC Championship game.
We’re less than a week away from separating the contenders from the pretenders. Let’s see who comes out on top!
- / 1 year ago
To me, Rachel Nichols is the personification of posting a black square on Instagram.